Need some wedding flower ideas? Floral arrangements are an important element that doesn’t always get the love and attention it deserves. Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, ” The Earth laughs in flowers.” Adding their beauty to a wedding is so natural, but doing it right can be challenging. So, choosing the right colors and arrangements will go a long way to helping bring your wedding theme together. Here’s some things to consider:
- Ask yourself, “How do I want to use my wedding flowers?” Going beyond just simple bouquets really can class up a wedding’s look. You might consider using floral arrangements as table runners, around a gazebo, trellis, or alter, as centerpieces, with accent tables and to fill empty areas that might need some sprucing up (fireplace mantels, windows, lobby’s and signage). By adding flowers as a design element throughout your venue you show attention to detail, continuity, and just make it feel even more special!
- Size and shape for floral arrangements matter too. Do you want tall and skinny? Round and full? Do you like a mix of types of flowers or are you more drawn to a mass of one particular species? Keep in mind that the bigger your bouquet is the hard it is to hold, so choose wisely! Also are you going to repurpose floral elements from the ceremony to the reception? Tall floral arrangements transfer well from aisle to table top and can save you money.
- Choosing the right colors for your wedding flowers is a challenge because not all colors are available. Depending on the season, type of plant, and the laws of nature, you may not be able to find anything that perfectly matches your dreams. Instead work with shades and complementary colors to create accents that enhance your wedding day decor.
- Use the seasons and what is in bloom as your guide to help you save money on your wedding flowers. If you’d like to do orchids in winter you’re going to find it’s much more expensive than you’d probably like. Your florist (and YES you should use a professional florist) will know what is in season and how to use them to get the most bang for your buck.
- Finally keep in mind that every wedding is different and it’s okay to do what feels right for you! Now please enjoy this selection of photos of different wedding flowers and ways to use them.