A Rainy Wedding Day
Just a short walk from Stephanie’s parent’s home this sweet couple gathered with friends and family for their Mill Creek Country Club wedding. Some came from great distances to participate in their union and were treated to classic Western Washington weather.
Our day started out with just a few dark clouds and we thought we would be okay for the outdoor events. We were fine for photos beforehand but just as the harpist began to play, guests opened umbrellas as the clouds did the same. The best part was that Stephanie didn’t even seem to notice as she held Sergey’s hands and exchanged rings. She couldn’t stop smiling and her joy was contagious for all of us.
Just as the short ceremony ended, the rain halted as well. The couple joined me for some photos as the guests enjoyed a cocktail hour and entertainment. Once the reception started we were treated some deeply moving toasts. Sergey’s best man and some friend delighted everyone and brought the groom to tears with their custom version of a Metallica song. (Sergey loves heavy metal.) Another friend preformed a piano solo and Old friends and family shared loving words.
All were brought to tears during the father and daughter dance. It was beautiful to see this proud father enjoying such a special moment with his little girl. It was an honor for me to photograph their day, capture their love and
From the Couple
- Where did you get your wedding dress and who designed it? Laineemeg Bridal
- Where did you get your suit/tux and who designed it? Men’s Warehouse
- Where did you get your accessories (hair, jewelry, cuff links, wedding party gifts, veil, etc?) Bracelet and Veil
waspurchased at Laineemeg Bridal, earrings were purchased at Nordstrom.
- Where did you find your wedding party attire? David’s Bridal
- Who was your florist? Anna Brandt with Distinctive Design Florist
- Who made your wedding cake and other sweets? Gay Soriano with Happy Cakes and Events
- Who was your caterer? Mill Creek Country Club
- Who was your DJ? Joe Lienhard with Good Vibrations
- Wedding Coordinator? Rachael Eckert with Lovebug Weddings & Events
- Officiant? Pastor Kurt from Mill Creek Presbyterian Church
- What were some DIY projects you put together? Invitations, Seating Chart, Fans for ceremony chairs
- Why did you choose your venue? Close to home and we are friends with the staff at the Mill Creek County Club
- Any other vendors I missed? Sound Originals, Dan Cassuto for
videographer. Photo Booth with Shutter Spark Studio. Olive and Opal for hair and makeup (Nina Bissell)