It might feel like there is loads of time still to plan, but if you are getting married in 2017, now is the best time to book your photographer. Don’t believe me? Here’s three reasons that might change your mind.
- Most couples want engagement photos for their Save-the-Date cards. If you are planning a wedding for Summer next year, your Save-the-Dates need to be in the mail up to 12 months before your tie the knot. This is especially true if your wedding falls near a busy holiday weekend and you are worried that important friends and family will make other plans. Too often couples procrastinate the decision on a photographer and miss their opportunity to have a professional engagement portrait session. Consequently they end up with a photo that “is okay enough” on the Save-the-Dates. Plus if you do an engagement session too close to the wedding it feels redundant. Make sure you get the best value for your dollar by planning ahead and doing engagement photos well in advance.
- Booking early means saving money. January is the busiest booking season of the year. Often I will book over 20 weddings in the weeks following Christmas and New Years. This is also the time of year I reevaluate pricing and if needed increase rates. By booking in 2016, for your 2017 wedding you get the benefit of locking in this years prices and packages.
- May through July I offer an Early Booking Discount on the Gold Package, which is my most popular. The package includes:
- All Day wedding photography coverage
- 2 Photographers
- Engagement session
- All high resolution files from the wedding day
- 8×8 LayFlat wedding Album
Reg $3600. Early Booking Discounted Price $3200. ($400 savings)
$400 is a pretty compelling reason if you ask me. Plus there is the whole limited availability thing. (I guess that’s four reasons now.) Too often I end up turning down couples who love my work but waited too long to book. Sadly I can only be in one place at a time (that is until my time turner comes in the mail) so it’s best to book early and know you’ve got one of the most important things marked off your wedding to-do list. Hopefully these reasons were compelling enough and I’ll be hearing from you shortly, but if they weren’t call or email me anyway and ask for a few more reasons. I am sure I can come up with something that will sway your decision!
Here’s some not so fine print you’ll need to know about the offer above:
This offer expires July 30, 2016. Available for new clients only. Must be getting married in 2017. Select wedding dates not available, please contact IJ Photo for specific availability. A $500 retainer is required along with signed contract to hold a wedding date. Discount is on the Gold Package only. To learn more please book a free consultation with Irene Jones.