Out of curiosity I Googled “Seattle Portrait Photographer” this morning. There were over 2 MILLION results. My first thought was, “how is a consumer ever supposed to find the right photographer in that environment? Then I headed to Facebook. Out of the nearly 900 people that like my Facebook page a good portion of them are other photographers I know and like! Add to that the fact that Nikon sold close to 600,000 cameras last year and they are only one manufacturer! That number is exponential when you add in Cannon, Sony, Olympus and don’t forget camera phones! We are a society saturated with images and “photographers”. However, the desire for quality photography, I feel, has only grown as the general public becomes more and more influenced by this art form.
So back to my initial question, how is a person in Seattle supposed to find the right portrait photographer? (Or better still, why would you pick me instead of the guy down the street?) Here’s a few reasons why.
- My studio is NOT your average portrait studio. Living in the great Northwest means dealing with the Seattle climate. Many other photographers boast their natural light skills. This is code for “I don’t have a studio and can only shoot 3 months out of the year.” My studio is over 4000 sq feet of complex and exciting textures. It’s open year round and full of surprises. All of the following images were photographed in my studio. (Samples of my outdoor portrait photography work are farther down the page.) Rarely do I use traditional backgrounds, because when you’re in a space like this, there is something new to see around every corner! I have used my studio space for everything from fashion magazine cover shoots,weddings, modern glamour sessions, children and infant photography, album covers for distinguished recording artists, high school senior portraits, and of course families and maternity. There is something for everyone; all centrally located in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle.
- If you’ve looked around my website at all, you’ve noticed that I call myself a non-profit. I don’t know of any other Seattle Portrait Photographers that can claim this distinction. In fact, this confuses a lot of people. I am regularly asked, “so you make NO money?” The short answer is yes. Each year I donate my salary to a select group of charities. These organizations included the Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, and several others that are working to make our world a better place. I love my work so much that the money isn’t important to me. Getting to know new people and share their personal stories is very gratifying. I believe that each of us has great worth and deserves to be loved. My philanthropy is an extension of this belief. I don’t think you have to be rich or powerful to make a difference. Changing lives for the better is done one step at a time. I’m grateful to all of my clients that have made this year a huge success! While I will never see first hand the lives these donations will help. I know that I am following Jesus Christ’s example and that has brought a peace to my soul that is far more valuable than anything money could buy.
- Providing quality service to my clients is of the utmost importance. We plan your session during a pre-shoot consultation where we go over wardrobe, location, etc. The consultations are done in your home for convenience. We even talk about where your new wall portraits will hang. Everything you’ll need to know about the session and subsequent order is laid out during this meeting. Plus you have the opportunity to become comfortable with me and get all of your lingering questions answered. Because we custom tailor your session’s experience during your pre-shoot consultation, you can rest assured that all of the portraits will be exactly what you were looking for. The final step is your sales meeting. Using the finest tools my industry has to offer, I show you exactly what your portraits will look like hanging in your home. These real room composites are often made from photos I took of your home during the consultation. All images are shown to scale to verify your purchase will not only fit correctly, but complement your home decor. Proofs of albums, folios, videos, and much more are also shown to provide you the best possible products and complete satisfaction. Yet, that’s not the end. Your order is shipped directly to you (no shipping fees I might ad) and upon request I will personally install your artwork! I have my own toolbox full of laser levels to prove it! It’s just one more bit of proof that I’m more than a fantastic portrait photographer.
- Finally I also offer a wide variety of products you can’t get anywhere else. These include metal prints, print wraps, gallery blocks, bamboo standouts, canvas collections, accordion brag books, folios, over 40 custom archival framing options, ipad covers, dye-cut cards, and a ton of other cool stuff that you have to see first hand to believe.
- And I’d be a fool to forget to mention my 14 years of professional experience as a portrait photographer here in Seattle, and nationwide. My work has been published in magazines, helped to launch the careers of up and coming fashion designers, and been used in successful advertizing campaigns. Yet what I really love is working for people like you. Being a Seattle portrait photographer has been my dream since I was given my first camera in the 4th grade. I love my work and I know that my passion for helping others is what makes me the portrait photographer you’ve been looking for.