Do you have a DSLR camera that you have only used in Auto mode? Do you search through Pintrest ogling the work of other photographers while thinking, “How did they do that?” Have you tried to read your camera manual and failed to understand one word? Would you like to build your photographic skills with hands on experience? If you’ve said yes to any of these questions you’ll love participating in my basic photography class. This 4 week course will teach you the ins-and-outs of photographic exposure, composition, and provide you with hands on experience shooting images you’ll actually want to share!
(Sept. 8, 2012 9:30am)
During this class we’ll learn the basic functions of all SLR cameras. We’ll talk about what gear every photographer should own (it’s less than you think), and practice the elements of photographic composition that will instantly improve your work. This two hour class will be held on location (weather permitting*) at the Evergreen Arboretum. Notes, photographic examples, and one-on-one help from a professional photographer included.
145 Alverson BLVD
Everett WA 98258
(Sept. 15, 2012, 9:30am)
Our second class will focus on the power of shutter speed. We will explore how to add or remove blur for creative effect. This week’s class will be held at Howarth Park (weather permitting*) where we will take advantage of the Puget Sound, passing trains, and wooded trails. This class will happen during low tide, which will allow us to utilize the soft sandy beach and hopefully some wildlife as well! As before, notes,photographic examples, and one-on-one help from a professional photographer included.
(Sept. 22, 2012, 9:30am)
Class three is the turning point for most beginners. During this class you’ll discover how to control depth of field, what lens to use, and how to work in aperture priority mode. During this week’s class we will be visiting Forest Park (weather permitting*) with all of it’s animals, ball fields, and children’s play areas. This week will help you fully understand how to use your camera’s most vital tool, aperture. You will even have the opportunity to photograph a professional model!
802 E Mukilteo Blvd.
Everett WA 98203
(Sept. 29, 2012, 9:30am)
During our final class we’ll learn how ISO completes the exposure triangle and you’ll begin using manual mode. Other topics for this class will include white balance and off camera flash. Our final destination will be Silver Lake Beach (weather permitting*) were we will practice all of the techniques discussed over the previous month. At the completion of your course each participant will have a personalized photography manual complete with photographic samples, vocabulary, and resources to encourage further learning.
Thorton A. Sullivan Park
11405 W. Silverlake Rd.
Everett WA 98208
- Each class is 2 hours in length.
- Handouts covering all of the material for each class provided each week so you don’t have to take notes.
- Please bring a DSLR camera of any make or model to each class. A tripod is also recommended but not required. If you have questions about using a certain camera please call or email Irene@ijphoto.net for specific instructions.
- Class members work and photographic samples will be available to review each week on our Flikr page. Share your best images with the class and grow as a photographer!
- Models needed for certain classes. If you’re child loves to be in front of the camera, you can volunteer him/her to model!
- Space is limited to 15 students per 4 week course. Additional courses available In the Spring and Summer 2013. Please contact Irene Jones for more information or to be placed on the wait-list.
- A collection of all handouts, printed photographic examples, and a list of great sites you can use to further your photographic education is included for every student. (AKA your personal photography manual)
Photography may be an expensive hobby but I don’t feel that learning how to use your camera should cost an arm and a leg. Each 4 week course is $60 plus tax and can be paid directly using the paypal button below. Normally I charge $125 for personal tutoring, so this is a great deal. Other classes I have taught have had wait-list several months in advance, so it’s a good idea to get in early before the class fills up. If you need to know the status of the class please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Also, if you refer a friend to the class you’ll get a free portrait session coupon. (A $75 value). So what are you waiting for? Now is the time to clear your calendar and get behind the lens!
*Alternate locations will be provided as needed 48 hours in advance if weather forecast calls for 60% or higher chance of rain. Class members will be informed via phone or text message when changes are made.